OKAY. so. ME:
VTCT MakeUp Diploma in 2001 = TICK! worked for estee lauder companies until 2006 as a MakeUp Artist full time. like most aspiring freelance MakeUp Artists, I worked on a beauty counter to:
A. prActise, practise, practise [what i learnt] - build confidence and perfect interaction with clients.
- nothing worse than being sat there at the mercy of someone who fails to make you feel relaxed and heard [coming out of the industry for some years and walking into my local cosmetics dept I know this feeling now all too well].
B. build up a MakeUp Kit - premium cosmetics are ridiculously expensive so imagine how many different foundations, powders, concealers you need to buy to match every skin type & colour?
C. maintain a steady inCome - while establishing myself as a freelance MakeUp Artist
- *when a MakeUp Artist begins freelancing this can mean getting little or no pay for a long time.
during these years I got some good stuff to add to my portfolio inc:
The Match [opening credits and official pics] Sky One
Miss England
London Fashion Week - 'Sculptress' [Antoni & Alison]
i also did regular work for Oxford University Press and Flair Talent modelling agency.
i had the beginnings of a brilliant portfolio and had made contacts in the industry! ... unfortunately I had to put my MakeUp career on the back burner after that, primarily so I could move out of home [*please refer to point C above for clarification ].
me NOW: I am older and far more confident in what i have to offer as a MakeUp Artist, have a clear direction and am much more self sufficiant. I. am. ready MakeUp world.
So... here i am, this is my first blog, my first post, my first mark on the ww web as bigE MakeUp Artist. Fwwwwwwwwwwwrrrrrrrrrrrrdddddddddddddd................
No comments:
Post a Comment